Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:59 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 am

The deal is done.

It`s on all their Official Websites.
If they get threatened with expulsion you may see a u turn again but if not then fuck them off and leave sport to clubs that actually want fans watching live.
They have been offered £300 million a year...Let them go..I'd love it..F*CK THEM!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

only1salty wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:08 am 1. Kick them out - now. Give everyone who has played against them a 3-0 win

2. Change the law in the UK to make football clubs 50+1 as per Germany.

There is the current Premier League but there are at least 6 decent clubs who could fill the void...... Notts Forest, Norwich, Brentford, QPR, Sunderland, Birmingham, Coventry, Reading, Middleborough, Stoke, Watford, Blackburn, Derby.

English football would still be healthy and be even more competitive than it is now.

One side effect of action 1 is us winning the league.
Bollocks to the 3-0 win..It should nulify all their results,then we'd be 9 points clear with 5 games to play. :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

This will be no shock but here you are anyway....

COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:55 pm This will be no shock but here you are anyway....

Yep I saw that Jay.

Cunts.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:56 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:55 pm This will be no shock but here you are anyway....

Yep I saw that Jay.

Cunts.
Yep. Nothing we didn’t already believe but actually quoted as saying it now
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Say they start the super league in August, how does that impact champions league qualifications. Leicester,West Ham and Everton would then be the highest finishing clubs this season.

Mourinho walked out of Tottenham and then they sacked him. Wonder what Klopp thinks.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 pm Say they start the super league in August, how does that impact champions league qualifications. Leicester,West Ham and Everton would then be the highest finishing clubs this season.

Mourinho walked out of Tottenham and then they sacked him. Wonder what Klopp thinks.
Imo it won't affect anything because it won't happen.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:28 pm Just read a piece by a sporting law expert.

He says precedents have already been set in court cases involving skating a wrestling and the ESL would win any court case.

IF that's the case then any revolt has to be fan based. Whether or not that would make any difference to the greedy cunts who own the clubs I don't know. Supporters seem to be an inconvenience to them.
I'm sure the ESL would win any court case. Restraint of Trade and all that. However UEFA and more particularly FIFA could refuse to recognise the ESL which would impact upon, among other things, players representing their countries,. And of course if the Premier League, and other national associations carried out the threat to expel them from their respective competitions it would turn into a whole new ball game. But of course that isn't going to happen in a million years. The Premier League and La Liga will still have a product to sell, but getting top dollar for a product where the highlight is Leicester v Everton or Getafe v Villarreal is harder than if they were flogging Man United v Liverpool or Barcelona v Real Madrid.

Personally I think the ESL has over estimated the interest that a league with no promotion and relegation will generate. And as I said on anotherr thread Manchester United v Liverpool or the Madrid derby, to name just 2 matches, would have less viewer appeal if the teams were playing for 7th place instead of the title.

As happens every time something like this comes along a compromise will be reached which, as is also fairly commonplace, will please no one. But life will go on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Those precedents don't apply. They were the denial of a parallel competition.

No one is stopping the formation of an additional league. They are stopping teams playing in both leagues. Players are free to move subject to contract.

Premier League needs 14 votes to change its membership rules. Thats a home run

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:02 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:28 pm Just read a piece by a sporting law expert.

He says precedents have already been set in court cases involving skating a wrestling and the ESL would win any court case.

IF that's the case then any revolt has to be fan based. Whether or not that would make any difference to the greedy cunts who own the clubs I don't know. Supporters seem to be an inconvenience to them.
I'm sure the ESL would win any court case. Restraint of Trade and all that. However UEFA and more particularly FIFA could refuse to recognise the ESL which would impact upon, among other things, players representing their countries,. And of course if the Premier League, and other national associations carried out the threat to expel them from their respective competitions it would turn into a whole new ball game. But of course that isn't going to happen in a million years. The Premier League and La Liga will still have a product to sell, but getting top dollar for a product where the highlight is Leicester v Everton or Getafe v Villarreal is harder than if they were flogging Man United v Liverpool or Barcelona v Real Madrid.

Personally I think the ESL has over estimated the interest that a league with no promotion and relegation will generate. And as I said on anotherr thread Manchester United v Liverpool or the Madrid derby, to name just 2 matches, would have less viewer appeal if the teams were playing for 7th place instead of the title.

As happens every time something like this comes along a compromise will be reached which, as is also fairly commonplace, will please no one. But life will go on.
What about the other 8 clubs to comprise the 20 super league. Where are they hailing from ? Would it be one from Israel I'm wondering. Those boys love a sheckel.

You could rule out the Benulux countries and Denmark,Finland,Norway and Sweden because of winter. Ditto Russia and most of E.Europe
That leaves Greece,Turkey and Portugal. And who doesn't like Athens or Istanbul.

So when you get right down to it, the ESL needs another couple of English clubs. And West Ham with it's magnificent athletics stadium and good transport links is just their ticket.

I can imagine our ealy season fixtures

Norwich H
Barcelona A
Watford A
Real Madrid H
Brighton H
A C Milan A

those games would keep Declan and all the others at the club interested. It all makes perfect sense...stumpy young and old would love it