West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This is the toughest match of our remaining run-in and we need to cut down error. Dawson won't participate due to his suspension and he will find it hard to break back in the squad. Fabianski apologies to our fans for his error yesterday and desperately to amend this coming Saturday evening. I never like West Ham to play away, especially Newcastle at 12.30pm kick-off time as we don't have good record at that time in away match.

Hopefully Masuaku will shake off his minor knock and hope Cressie and Rice will be back soon. Lingard had a cramp and hopefully to recover in time as without him, we are doomed as Lanzini and Benrahma are no where near Lingard level.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Noble
Soucek

Fornals
Lingard
Masuaku

Bowen.

Let hope they will give us a good game and stuff those plastics clown team.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Noni

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Noni »

Fingers crossed for no mistakes! :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:19 am This is the toughest match of our remaining run-in and we need to cut down error. Dawson won't participate due to his suspension and he will find it hard to break back in the squad. Fabianski apologies to our fans for his error yesterday and desperately to amend this coming Saturday evening. I never like West Ham to play away, especially Newcastle at 12.30pm kick-off time as we don't have good record at that time in away match.

Hopefully Masuaku will shake off his minor knock and hope Cressie and Rice will be back soon. Lingard had a cramp and hopefully to recover in time as without him, we are doomed as Lanzini and Benrahma are no where near Lingard level.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Noble
Soucek

Fornals
Lingard
Masuaku

Bowen.

Excellent intro Ibbs. Chelsea looked very commanding in their semi-final and we will have to be at our very best to compete. In essence Chelsea can rotate their players with no deficiency of quality. We can't rotate and in any case don't have any quality to rotate with.

That doesn't mean it's a lost cause - probable outcome 0-0*

* I predicted 0-4 against Newcastle...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Noni wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:32 am Fingers crossed for no mistakes! :lol:
Oggy and Diop should be OK as Dawson has been made quite a few mistakes, 2 own goals, red card and couple of poor marking.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Us to do the Rent boys 2 - 1

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:00 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:19 am This is the toughest match of our remaining run-in and we need to cut down error. Dawson won't participate due to his suspension and he will find it hard to break back in the squad. Fabianski apologies to our fans for his error yesterday and desperately to amend this coming Saturday evening. I never like West Ham to play away, especially Newcastle at 12.30pm kick-off time as we don't have good record at that time in away match.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Johnson

Noble
Soucek

Fornals
Lingard
Masuaku

Bowen.

Excellent intro Ibbs. Chelsea looked very commanding in their semi-final and we will have to be at our very best to compete. In essence Chelsea can rotate their players with no deficiency of quality. We can't rotate and in any case don't have any quality to rotate with.

That doesn't mean it's a lost cause - probable outcome 0-0*

* I predicted 0-4 against Newcastle...
Totally agreed that our strength in depth is far weaker than the top 6 as top 6 has loads of dosh and making sure their 25 man squads are all very close together compared to us our first 11 and the rest of the 14 the gap is quite big.......Yarmolenko, Anderson, Lanzini, Benrahma and maybe Fredericks are not near as strong as our first 11 of Fabianski, Coufal, Ogbonna, Diop, Cresswell, Johnson, Soucek, Rice, Fornals, Lingard and Antonio. with Bowen and Masuaku closely behind.

The 2 dwarf CANNOT bring our club to top 6 materials and the only thing to sell this club to a wealthy owner that can bring us up to top 6 because if we go to Europa (more than CL), we will struggles in league, like in 2006--07 and 2016-17 for example

Need 9 players to buy to make our strength in depth stronger but knowing our owners can't achieve that, only maybe 1 or even 2 if we are lucky to get.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 pm
Noni wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:32 am Fingers crossed for no mistakes! :lol:
Oggy and Diop should be OK as Dawson has been made quite a few mistakes, 2 own goals, red card and couple of poor marking.
Dawson has changed from Frank Leboeuf to Frank Spencer in the blink of an eye.

Towie

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 pm

We were warned about Dawson, however hard to deny his first 10 games were excellent, last 5 it has been a steady decline to that inept performance yesterday.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:26 pm

I don't fully expect Moyes to put Dawson back in the squad once his suspension is over as he will find it hard to break in the squad.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I hate to say it, but it is hard to see how we get anything out of this game with the way we are bleeding goals of late. Having said that, it would just be like West Ham to go out there and win it. 🙈💩
Flairon