West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Re: West Ham vs Manchester Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Chicken Runner »

What a great win and a fantastic day for Hammers fans everywhere.
Happy days everyone.
COYI's
whufc_crest

wokinghama

Post by wokinghama »

Thought we were superb today.

Haller won everything
Noble was great
Rice mopped up well
Cressy was as good as we know he can be

Cracking day out !

Going to bed happy
Chim Chimeney

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Wonderful day out
Thoroughly deserved the win today lovely to see them Manc cunts leaving in droves before the final whistle.
Played some nice stuff today well done chaps
Onwards and upwards whufc_crest

boxman

Post by boxman »

this guy is always good value

palerider

Post by palerider »

boxman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 am this guy is always good value

Funny piece I read last night.

When Rashford went down injured, Solskjaer turned round to look at his bench and realised that the best striking option he had available to replace him was himself.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

At the risk of pissing on everyone's parade am I the only person who didn't think we were particularly good yesterday.?

Don't get me wrong we thoroughly deserved to win but, let's be honest, Man United were absolute crap. Probably the worst Man United side any of us have ever seen. The first half, apart from the goal, was pretty uninspired and I honestly think if we'd played as well as we did against Norwich we could have had 5 or 6.

That said anyone has to be pleased with 3 clean sheets on the bounce, not to mention 7 points from a possible 9 in the same matches. And I guess the fact that I wasn't over impressed with the performance when we won the game relatively comfortably has got to be a good sign. We can do so much better, as we showed against Norwich.

All that's needed now is a bit of consistency and we could have a really productive season. We saw yesterday there's no longer a big 6. Man United are more likely to be in a relegation fight than challenging at the top, Spurs look to be in disarray, Chelsea have shown flashes but look suspect at the back and Arsenal are very reliant on their strikers to score more than their defence lets in.

Interesting season ahead imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:02 am At the risk of pissing on everyone's parade am I the only person who didn't think we were particularly good yesterday.?

Don't get me wrong we thoroughly deserved to win but, let's be honest, Man United were absolute crap. Probably the worst Man United side any of us have ever seen. The first half, apart from the goal, was pretty uninspired and I honestly think if we'd played as well as we did against Norwich we could have had 5 or 6.

That said anyone has to be pleased with 3 clean sheets on the bounce, not to mention 7 points from a possible 9 in the same matches. And I guess the fact that I wasn't over impressed with the performance when we won the game relatively comfortably has got to be a good sign. We can do so much better, as we showed against Norwich.

All that's needed now is a bit of consistency and we could have a really productive season. We saw yesterday there's no longer a big 6. Man United are more likely to be in a relegation fight than challenging at the top, Spurs look to be in disarray, Chelsea have shown flashes but look suspect at the back and Arsenal are very reliant on their strikers to score more than their defence lets in.

United are in meltdown. Not relegation material but they'll struggle to finish top 8. It's the fact that it's Manchester United alone that's causing average teams to fear them.

It's the top 2 then the rest now. Arsenal outplayed yesterday until Villa bottled it. Chelsea rebuilding. Of the so-called next big teams only Leicester look up for it. Wtf has happened to Wolves ? If that's what Thursday nights in the Ukraine does forget it.

We have as much chance as anyone of stepping up but I agree. We were average ourselves yesterday until it dawned on us that there wasn't much to beat.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:02 am At the risk of pissing on everyone's parade am I the only person who didn't think we were particularly good yesterday.?

United are in meltdown. Not relegation material but they'll struggle to finish top 8. It's the fact that it's Manchester United alone that's causing average teams to fear them.

It's the top 2 then the rest now. Arsenal outplayed yesterday until Villa bottled it. Chelsea rebuilding. Of the so-called next big teams only Leicester look up for it. Wtf has happened to Wolves ? If that's what Thursday nights in the Ukraine does forget it.

We have as much chance as anyone of stepping up but I agree. We were average ourselves yesterday until it dawned on us that there wasn't much to beat.
I'm not suggesting United will be in a relegation battle, simply saying that is more likely this year than them seriously challenging for a place in Europe.

Leicester ? From what I saw a bit lucky to beat Spurs, who themselves seem to have issues. A mate of mine, a Spurs ST holder, says there are player issues there. Dele Alli in particular apparently. And they didn't look up for it when they lost at Old Trafford last week.

Wolves ? Second season syndrome has set in. And ffs let's not blame the Europa League. Sure they played on Thursday. At home against Braga from Portugal. Perhaps their players believe all the bollocks about the Europa league making players mega tired. I think the closest they've been to the Ukraine is Svetlana's message parlour in Dudley. ;)

FFS their qualifying round game was an arduous trip all the way to Turin. :lol:
Last edited by Whiskyman on Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:41 am
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:15 am

I'm not suggesting United will be in a relegation battle, simply saying that is more likely this year than them seriously challenging for a place in Europe.

Leicester ? From what I saw a bit lucky to beat Spurs, who themselves seem to have issues. A mate of mine, a Spurs ST holder, says there are player issues there. Dele Alli in particular apparently. And they didn't look up for it when they lost at Old Trafford last week.

Wolves ? Second season syndrome has set in. And ffs let's not blame the Europa League. Sure they played on Thursday. At home against Braga from Portugal. Perhaps their players believe all the bollocks about the Europa league making players mega tired. I think the closest they've been to the Ukraine is Svetlana's message parlour. ;)

FFS their qualifying round game was an arduous trip all the way to Turin. :lol:
Tongue in cheek obviously but I've said all along. Unless you have two elevens, of which one plays in the PL, the other in Europe, then this Micky Mouse competition needs avoiding like the plague.

Or better still. Abolish the fucking thing and go back to having a cup-winners cup. Same as for the Champions league. The clue's in the title. Champions / Cup winners. Not a second chance for losers. A fair play entry. Fuck off.

It's like today's pc society. The wheezy fat kid being given a chance. If you finish second you ain't good enough.

But the money wouln't roll in as much would it ?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Not at all mate. I thought, over the 90 we were good but not great. Patches of excellence combined with patches of mediocrity.
But that’s all it takes these days to turn over Man Utd.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"