Andy Carroll to Chelsea

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Andy Carroll to Chelsea

Post by ToneLoc »

Newmarket wrote:
redhammer wrote:Moyes wants to keep
Board want to sell
Surprise surprise
Perhaps Moyes has as much confidence as bringing in a good replacement as many of us do?
As a result he just sees this as being minus 1 attacking player (albeit chronic sicknote) to add to Sakho being primed for the exit door.

You CAN see that happening can’t you?
Those two sold and no strikers in.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I would certainly sell for £20m or work out some kind of deal for Bat.

Carroll clearly cannot be relied upon, for all sorts of reasons, and our season should not depend on his two or three match winning performances a year.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

When fit and on his day he's star and a crowd pleaser. We all love him. But those days are few and far between unfortunately. We keep him and Moyes plays him off the bench he becomes one of the most expensive bit part players going. But maybe in this day and age and the way the game is played its not a bad thing. We sell him we might make a profit with some of the valuations going around and it frees up a big wage bill as well. But one thing is certain. The West Ham way. He plays against us, he scores. :lol: :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Tired of getting my self " excited" for his arrival in the team only for it to all end in tears either by him not actually arriving, arriving and looking totally disinterested, arriving and all we get are players kicking it 80/90 yards straight up the middle of the pitch trying to find him with no effect or some similar scenario!!

He's will NEVER be able to play/ train to the level required to shine consistently at the top level of the game.

Too many inuries up to now dictate that.

Be grateful for the ( very big) goal v WBA and say " let's call it quits".

We need ( as does any team) players we can rely on.

Don't know a huge amount about Bateshuyi but a swap for a player needing to play games to get noticed by his country with a World Cup looming would be appealing to me.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

dagenhamdave wrote:Looks like £20M now, with Stevie Wonder doing the Chelsea medical, so its on then. ;) :i am genuinely amused:
Yeah trouble is he's very superstitious about everything.....

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Porterman wrote:Tired of getting my self " excited" for his arrival in the team only for it to all end in tears either by him not actually arriving, arriving and looking totally disinterested, arriving and all we get are players kicking it 80/90 yards straight up the middle of the pitch trying to find him with no effect or some similar scenario!!

He's will NEVER be able to play/ train to the level required to shine consistently at the top level of the game.

Too many inuries up to now dictate that.

Be grateful for the ( very big) goal v WBA and say " let's call it quits".

We need ( as does any team) players we can rely on.

Don't know a huge amount about Bateshuyi but a swap for a player needing to play games to get noticed by his country with a World Cup looming would be appealing to me.
Couldnt have said it better goodpost:)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammershark wrote:Although in one way I don’t mind selling him... he can still be good on his day... but my biggest worry is we won’t get a decent replacement knowing the dwarf is tight as assholes :shock:
I'm not his biggest fan. In fact I'm not even a fan, but you're right. On his day he can be a matchwinner. But being honest with ourselves how many of those "days" have we seen in the time he's been with us ? One game against Arsenal stands out as unquestionably his best game in our colours imo but, although there have been isolated cameos of talent, the goal against Palace being top of that list, they have been rare, certainly not worthy of the fee we paid and what is apparently a very lucrative salary deal.

But I'm none too keen on this Batshuayi guy tbh. From what I've seen, admittedly not much, of him with Chelsea he's another Hernandez. A poacher who offers squat elsewhere on the pitch. OK if you're in a side packed with creative talent but we aren't blessed with that are we? So I can't see him fitting into Moyes' plans any more than apparently Hernandez does.

Such as shame we missed out on Kevin Volland 2 years ago. People did tell us. ;) ;) ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

And having watched Batshuayi in tonight's game I'm even more convinced he isn't a player who would do well at West Ham. Interestingly Moyes was in the stand and, hopefully, formed the same opinion.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote:And having watched Batshuayi in tonight's game I'm even more convinced he isn't a player who would do well at West Ham. Interestingly Moyes was in the stand and, hopefully, formed the same opinion.
I would hope neither of you judge him on his game tonight, he looked decidedly off the pace. I've watched him some this season and saw him in a few matches for Marseille and was always impressed with his pace, ball handling and knack for finding the back of the net. I sense his lack of opportunity at Chelsea has him pushing a little and his play shows it. I don't see him as similar at all to Hernandez as he's more physical, quicker and quite a bit younger. I think there's a little more to him than the striker's we currently have and with Moyes employing a winning system with no strikers at the minute, don't see the problem of bringing in this guy to see if he can play with Arnie and Lanzini.
#fuckqatar2022

Вест Хам

Post by Вест Хам »

I respect Carroll, for playing for West Ham; however, I cannot see him having any resemblance of integrity or success as a player for Chelsea. I don't know what Chelsea is doing or thinking, but getting the tin-man off our hands is awfully nice.

No disrespect tho.