Bilic isn't the problem

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Bilic isn't the problem

Post by Newmarket »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
Probably , yes . It's what he does . And it wasn't an issue for the vast majority on here or most West Ham fans in general until he actually did it .

I don't think that's the issue here but at the same time I don't quite get what Chas is saying tbh call me Mr Thicky ...

My view is that , as Brog said above , coaching , tactics and team selection ? The buck stops with Bilic .

Will Bilic be able to turn it round ? Clearly not .

The world and his wife can see a fresh pair of eyes and ideas are needed immediately but that will not happen with owners that would rather suffer yet another relegation than pay managerial compensation for any prospective manager foolish enough to consider working for the pair of dithering dolts.
I'm trying to say that the argument of #BilicOut or #BilicIn is willfully missing the bigger problem. We can discuss Bilic's merits, or lack thereof, till the cows come home but getting shot of him isn't going to fix West Ham.
Exactly right I couldn't agree more in the long term .
Trouble is the long term fix consists of relegation first and foremost and the twins can't allow that to happen .

But they will as history tells us .
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Chas the thread title implies that Bilic isn't the problem . He isn't the WHOLE problem but he IS the immediate one.
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

KingdomOfWHAM wrote:
h69 wrote:
The title says....Bilic is not the problem.....Bilic IS the problem....its nothing to do with transfer policies. Unfortunately....getting shot of him and replacing him with a tactically astute manager with some discipline WOULD sort this out
Right. I didn't say "Bilic isn't faultless".
Sure.....but to make it clear to you....my point is that Bilic IS the problem. I like the guy but if you look at his record at his previous club the same thing happened.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote:Chas the thread title implies that Bilic isn't the problem . He isn't the WHOLE problem but he IS the immediate one.
The thread isn't about Statler and Waldorf. That's another issue.

But would we achieve at least mid-table security this season and perhaps a cup-run with the squad we currently have with a good tactical manager ?

No problem whatsoever.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Chas the thread title implies that Bilic isn't the problem . He isn't the WHOLE problem but he IS the immediate one.
The thread isn't about Statler and Waldorf. That's another issue.

But would we achieve at least mid-table security this season and perhaps a cup-run with the squad we currently have with a good tactical manager ?

No problem whatsoever.
Exactly.....Say what you like about the owners but I believe we have a decent squad now (far better than the one under Allardyce) and while we dont have the money of the top 8, we should not be at the bottom and we should at least be able to guarantee a mid table finish.

That Newcastle team were shite and we made them look like Germany FFS

KingdomOfWHAM

Post by KingdomOfWHAM »

I can appreciate that. The point I'm trying to make still stands but I see what you mean.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Do kinda agree with KOW ,in that there does seem to be some inherent problem with us,
that stops us moving on,and for the life of me I can't really work it out.
As much as I loved the old gaff,I tried to see a positive in the move,that maybe new surroundings
might be the answer,it appears not,not at the moment anyway,but it's still early days.
Chadwell was a nightmare for injuries,but we're still getting them(but more match injuries
than training ones I feel)
We've got a few bucks to spend now,and can afford top PL wages(well still not the really silly money)
So bit by bit some of the problems I thought might be holding us back are being removed.

When I look at the squad now,I think that is as strong as anything I've seen from us,a Kante like
player in there,and everyone fit(that'll be the fuckin day :lol: ) and I'm more than happy.
We should be looking at pushing for a top 6 finish with it.

I honestly don't know why but I'm still in the keep Slav camp,my heart is ruling my head a bit
to much I think,which is usually not a good thing.
But said end of last year give him till Christmas,and I'm gonna stick with that.

Love the guys passion,and end of the day he has had some crap luck with injuries,and other stuff
the move etc.
Doesn't mean some of his team selections,and substitutions don't thoroughly piss me off tho..

So if its the same old same old at crimbo I'll join the Slav out lot...

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Isn't the problem David Sullivan's mouth?
He says next level manager; we all know Slav was the least ambitious and cheapest option available -- I do believe he's on less than Fatboy was.
He says marquee stadium, marquee signing; A year later we get a marqueeish signing on the cheap, and with a huge amount of humming and hawing about wages before the trigger was finally pulled.
He says we have 'significant' transfer funds available; net spend is maybe £20m and every transfer is like pulling a tooth.
He says the goal is to have the top 4 looking over their collective shoulder; not a fucking snowballs chance.

I agree that Slav is not the problem, but maybe he's symptomatic of a chairman who appears hell bent on overstating his ambitions for the club.
No stadium and no TV deal is going to take us to the next level. Only enormous sums of cold hard cash provided by a mega rich investor is ever going to accomplish that.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

irishhammer

Post by irishhammer »

i agree, its noble.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

irishhammer wrote:i agree, its noble.
True, but sadly Bilic picks him and even made him captain FFS !!